The little details
On board the Hohentwiel and Oesterreich
- Passengers are requested to be at the quay at least 10 minutes before departure, as there may be delays to departure times.
- Note for women: Unfortunately, you cannot board the Hohentwiel or Oesterreich with high heels. Heels must have a minimum contact surface area of 2 x 2 cm.
- Smoking is prohibited below deck.
- The Hohentwiel and Oesterreich may not be fully accessible for people with walking difficulties.
- We travel no matter the weather! Even in cold or rainy weather, you will find a lot of sights below deck on board both ships and each journey is an experience.
- It is very important for us to treat you with culinary delights on board the Hohentwiel and Oesterreich. If you want a vegan or vegetarian menu or are intolerant to certain ingredients, please let us know at least 3 days before your trip.
- Dogs and bicycles are not allowed.
- Parents will be held liable for their children.
- While on board the Hohentwiel and Oesterreich, you can pay with cash or with a bank or EC card. Credit cards are not accepted.
Good to know
There is a maximum of 250 seats available on the Hohentwiel, including 130 below deck. There is a maximum of 282 seats available on the Oesterreich, including 140 below deck. You can buy tickets in advance at the Historische Schifffahrt Bodensee office in Hard, online at www.hs-bodensee.eu, at the tourist information offices and at other sales outlets. Hohentwiel Schifffahrtsgesellschaft m.b.H. and Museumsschiff Oesterreich GmbH accept no liability if a trip has to be cancelled due to force majeure such as storms, floods, accidents or machine damage. We recommend reading the safety precautions before the cruise. You can find this at www.hs-bodensee.eu and on board the ships.
You have the possibility for a free return bus and train ticket for event cruises within Vorarlberg (including border stations) in conjunction with a valid Hohentwiel and Oesterreich. More information at www.vmobil.at
From 2019 our guests will be able to use the Unterland / Hofsteig on-call bus (8 p.m. - 3 a.m. and 5 a.m., respectively) at the Hafenstrasse on-call bus stop in Hard. The bus can be reached at 0676 9305110 (fees apply) and will be there to pick up passengers no more than 30 minutes after booking. More information at www.anrufbus.at